Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Friday, January 26, 2007

no ESPN but let's go Roger and Serena!


It has been a sad couple of weeks in the Yoder household. After losing our full cable package (which we never should have had to begin with) this fall because of a cut wire we have had to endure missing the entire Australian Open. Checking out websites for match scores and reading articles in the newspaper just hasn't been enough. It is tempting to upgrade our cable package just so we can watch the major tennis tournaments, but we just can't justify the extra expense at this point in our lives. Maybe someday in the near future.

The weekend is underway. Seth finished his last day at Bashor and is taking a nap on the couch now. I think he is feeling a mixture of sadness and excitement. It is hard leaving coworkers you really enjoy working with. We are meeting some of them tonight for dinner at BW3s to celebrate his last day of work.

Sophie was treated to an extra run this morning. During the winter I have only been able to run her on the weekends, but this morning I didn't have to be in to work until later in the morning, so we got a couple miles in. It is too dark in the winter to run in the mornings during the week. I feel better knowing cars can see me. She is so much better behaved after she runs a few miles. It zaps a lot of the puppy energy right out of her.

I have been reading a lot of books in my spare time. Dear John, The Memory Keepers Daughter, and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (again) are some of my most recent ones. I am always looking for new books to read. Rebekah and Mom do a good job of sharing books with me. But if you have read anything great, let me know!


Sarah

1 Comments:

  • At 1/28/2007 3:18 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    Welcome to the world of basic cable! Luckily I have friends who invite me over to watch the games I can't get at home!

    Sarah, I'm looking forward to reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I'll be sending some books your way soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home