Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

turkey, mashed potatos, yum yum

Short work weeks are wonderful! There is nothing better than working at a school. Fall break, Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, spring break, summer break! Fortunately Seth’s days off fall on Thursday and Friday this week. We got lucky! We have family things planned all day Thursday and most of the day Sunday. We will be spending Thursday afternoon with Seth’s extended Yoder family and Thursday evening with my immediate family. Sunday afternoon Seth’s Stopher family is getting together and Sunday evening is another Yoder get together. We are both looking forward to seeing family. I am especially excited to have both Rebekah and Colin coming home. Hopefully we will be able to get a few rounds of Euchre in. Rebekah and Colin can get tired of playing with us because we always beat them!

This picture is a reminder that not all days in northern Indiana are cold. Plus Christie is coming home this weekend and we are going to try and get together around all of our different family functions. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Her brother Lance is over in Iraq and the holiday season is going to be a rough time for them. Pray for his safety.

Things at Bethany have been going well. This second year is much easier than last year. I feel like I kind of know what is going on now. I’ve enjoyed being able to take a framework that was given to me last year and run with it in new directions. I think we have some great new ideas for recruiting students to Bethany. Being full time hasn’t been as difficult of a transition as I imagined. Sometimes the anticipation is the worst part of change.

I am already beginning to think ahead to my Christmas break and all the things I want to do. I have several scrapbooks to work on for other people, but I am thinking about painting our bedroom. Currently it is a light green with dark green shades. We both love the colors but it doesn’t match the quilt grandma Stopher made for us for our wedding. I want to keep the quilt on our bed and make changes to everything else. Maybe I can convince Sheila to help me paint! She loves painting and has a good eye for colors. I have 3 full weeks off so that should be plenty of time for several projects.

The Christmas letter is written and ready to be sent, but I should probably wait until the first of December. Seth thinks I tend to jump the gun with my early Christmas letter preparation, but it is one of my favorite things to do! I love writing the letter, picking out the stationary, and sending pictures. I love getting them from our family and friends too!

Seth and I have so many blessings in our lives. There are some many things to be grateful for, most importanly family and friends! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

  • At 11/21/2006 7:51 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    I can't wait to see you... tomorrow! I think you and Seth should start preparing yourself for a big euchre loss to Colin and me!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home