Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I hate SPAM


I can hardly believe that my 3 weeks of vacation are over! The Monday morning 5:45a.m. alarm was a rude awakening. This has been a painful week of adjusting back to my early to bed, early to rise schedule. It was wonderful to be able to stay up as late as I wanted and know I could sleep in the next morning.

Still, it is somewhat of a relief to be back on a schedule again. I had no trouble filling my days off, but I tend to be comforted by a routine. It's nice to be back at work feeling productive again. Not that my days off were not productive! I cleaned all the carpets in the house, made 4 photo albums for customers (some extra $!), and caught up with friends who were home for the holidays (Traci, Christie, Melissa, Andrea, and a group of classmates from high school). I got to spend lots of time with my sister, brother, and parents, read books, decorate the house for Christmas, go shopping, cook, take naps, and jog with Sophie!

I distanced myself from everything work related. I did not think about Bethany or coaching. I was lucky if I checked my personal email once a week and after opening my work email one week into vacation and being overwhelmed by my inbox, I decided not to look again until I came back to work. I cannot believe all the SPAM and pointless emails I get. It took me 3 hours on Monday to work my way through all my unread emails!

I think I have geared myself up for this portion of the school year. This is my busiest time at Bethany and spring break is a long ways off. My next 3 months will be devoted to visitors days, phone inquiries, parent tours, Jr. MYF nights, new applications, and the beginning of high school spring tennis. Once tennis starts, all remnants of a personal life will disappear. I will love every minute of it, but my life will be consumed. Maybe that is a good thing. Sometimes I focus too much on myself.

Well Happy 2007! My New Years Resolution is to go somewhere I've never been before. I'm thinking Seth and I will have to make a road trip this summer. Something new and exciting!

Sarah

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home