Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Try something new.

Well, I am getting closer and closer in my attempt to be able to appreciate all kinds of music.

Yeah, it is easy to tell people that this type of music is dumb or that type of music is crappy...but when someone tells me that they like Country, I want to be able to say "Yeah, Me and My Gang is pretty fun and Garth Brooks can craft quite the tune." Or perhaps someone says that they appreciate the lyrical quality of Metallica, and I can honestly say "Not only do I enjoy the depth of Unforgiven II, but I can headbang while singing along to Fuel."

Now, I don't generally like Country or Metallica type rock, but ther ARE good country songs and good hard rock songs...the trick is separating the quality from the crap.

Seriously, the only thing I am having trouble with is rap. Haven't even been close to finding a rap song I like. If someone would point me in the direction of a rap song I could appreciate for the poetic or musical value I would be in your debt!

So here is my latest find from genre that I don't usually love, but has produced a song that I do.



I always appreciate it when people point out new music to me (Thanks Kyle!), so if you have something for me to check out please don't hesitate to let me know!

Seth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home