Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

winter update

Rebekah informed me last night that we hadn't updated our blog in a very long time. I guess she was right. I haven't had exciting trips to write about like she does! Our lives are a little more mundane. I can't seem to get Seth to write anything anymore, even though this was his brainchild.

I am enjoying my last week of regular life before the high school tennis season starts on Monday. I am really excited to have Jeron Baker, a friend from college and a former member of the Goshen College men's team, assistant coaching this spring with me. I think it is going to be great to work with him. I am excited for the JV team to have a coach who is there just for them too. This will allow me to focus more of my energies on the varsity team.

Seth and I joined a mixed doubles tennis league again this winter. We have played two matches and are currently 1-1. It has been interesting to play together. Seth had no idea how competitive I am with tennis and I am working on being encouraging and trying to enjoy recreational tennis. I know there is more to life than winning, but man I sure hate to lose tennis matches. We have 3 more matches scheduled over the next month and a half.

Colin is touring this week with the Camerata Singers from Bluffton over spring break. They are singing at Bethany later today and will be back in Goshen for a morning concert at our church on Sunday. Colin is providing the morning sermon! Seth and I are hosting 3 students overnight, so I have been gathering air mattresses, bedding, snacks, etc. I haven't seen Colin since Christmas so it will be good to catch up a little.

We had a minor emergency last night. I went into the garage to get a container of frozen blueberries from our deep freeze and I realized that our freezer wasn't working. We quickly assessed damages and moved meat, fruit, and cheese indoors to our smaller freezer and to mom and dad's house. Some meat was thawed and ruined, but most of the stuff towards the bottom was still frozen. I browned 15 lbs of hamburger last night and put two roasts in the crock pot in an attempt to salvage more meat. I wasn't planning to spend my evening doing any of that, but I guess life is always full of surprises.

Well that is all for now. My life is about to get crazy. I'll get Seth to write the next update!
Sarah

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home