Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Go Lady Bruins!

As my sister likes to remind me, it has been a long time since we updated our blog. This always seems to be the case during one of my tennis seasons. I am four weeks into my high school season and this week am enjoying some time off for spring break. We have already had 5 matches this year, which is a record before spring break, and I feel like I have spent the last four weeks being outside in the wind and the cold. It was an amazing change of pace this past weekend to visit Rebekah in Knoxville and experience mid 70s and sunshine. I hardly knew what to do with myself!

This tennis season has been amazing. Probably my favorite of all of the seasons I have coached since college. The group of girls on the team are hard working and fun to be with. I do not feel any sense of entitlement from them and I love how they are working hard every day to improve. Jeron Baker has been my JV coach this season and his help has been so amazing. I have valued his tennis insight and sense of humor. I already know that I will miss him desperately next spring when he moves to Hesston College to coach the men's and women's teams there!

As mentioned above, I made a quick trip to visit Rebekah this past weekend. Mom and I drove part way to Knoxville on Friday evening after my tennis match and the rest of the way Saturday morning. We spent a couple days with Rebekah enjoying the city of Knoxville, cheering on the lady Vols to their 8th national championship, watching The Office (Rebekah is a new fan!) and helping her catch up her scrapbook. I got to jog on Cherokee Blvd, shop at Reruns, eat out at amazing restaurants, and enjoy some beautiful weather. I figure my trips to Knoxville will soon come to a close. Rebekah is searching for jobs in the St. Joe area and is talking about putting her home on the market. It will be great to have her move closer to home but I will miss the trips south.

My plan for the rest of this week is to sleep in, jog with Sophie, finish up my government class (I only have 3 lessons left!) and reenergize for the second half of my tennis season! Go Bruins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home