Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back to full time!

Well it was an early morning today. We had a full faculty meeting at Bethany at 6:30a.m. Needless to say I did not do my usual morning workout today. That would have meant getting up at 4:45 and I just didn't feel like it this morning. I might take Sophie for a jog this afternoon when I get home. The only good thing about morning faculty meetings is that I get to head home a little earlier than usual

This has been my first week week back on a full time schedule. It has meant getting up an hour earlier in the morning and staying a few hours later. So far it hasn't been too bad. It helps when I have plenty to keep me busy.

Earlier this week I registered for a correspondance class through Indiana University(don't tell Dad! Purdue didn't have all the options that IU did!). I am taking Introduction to Sociology (I'm sure Rebekah is excited about this since!). I am pretty excited to get started. Each year I am given professional development money to take classes with and this is my first one. My plan is to take classes I would need to take for my secondary education social studies teaching liscense. I need 21 credits in subject area courses and 12 credits in education classes. My goal is to get two classes done this school year and possibly 2 more over the summer. Once I get my subject area classes done I can finish my education classses through Goshen College's transition to teaching program. I don't know 100% that this is what I want to do, but I am anxious to see how I feel about taking classes and if it gets me excited about possibly teaching. I know for sure I am ready for something new and I want a challenge. I think teaching would be a huge challenge and something really rewarding. We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home