Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Good News


I got some very good news last week. Earlier this winter I spent 30-40 hours studying for the social studies Praxis II content knowledge test, which is a requirement for a teaching liscense in Indiana. I also needed to pass the test to be admitted into Goshen College's Transition to Teaching program this fall. I took the test at Notre Dame on March 15 and had to wait 5 agonizing weeks to get the results. I was so nervous about the test because several friends have told me about friends of theirs from college who had to take the test multiple times (one person 6 times!) before they passed. It was a tough test and there were lots of questions I didn't know the answer too, but amazingly I passed! It was a huge relief.

I am taking my last Praxis test Saturday morning. This second one will be much easier than the first one. It will feel good to have everything done.

I keep moving forward with my classes. I only have my final exam left to take for my second class and I am already registered for a third class. My goal is to finish two more classes by the end of this summer.

Tennis season is in full swing now. We only have 2 1/2 weeks until sectionals. This season has been wonderful. I've really enjoyed this group of players.

Seth and I are heading over to his parents house tonight for dinner. Dave and Sue are in town this week and we are really excited about seeing them. We have missed them since they moved to Colorado at the beginning of the school year. Sophie will be so excited to see them too. She has missed doggy day care this winter and spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home