Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The beautiful city of Knoxville

This past weekend I made a whirlwind trip to Knoxville to see Rebekah. I picked Colin up in Bluffton at noon on Friday after he finished his classes for the day and we drove the last 6 hours together. Singing along to music in the car with Colin and having someone to talk to sure made the trip go faster than if I would have been by myself!

We had such a good time with Rebekah. We got to eat pizza at Barley's on Friday, followed by an awful movie that we decided to turn off. We had all heard good things about Knocked Up, but it left a lot to be desired. Saturday morning Rebekah and I jogged first thing in the morning and then headed off to get our hair cut by Holly. The salon Rebekah goes to is so nice and fancy. They even have massaging chairs to sit in while you get your hair washed! I made Seth a happy man and cut off over 8 inches of my hair. It was a spur of the moment decision, but I am really pleased with out it looks. It was time for a change.

In the afternoon we hit Reruns at Market Square, my favorite shop in the entire world, and I bought some new clothes for the fall. We met Aunt Lisa and Uncle David for lunch at Panera, Colin test drove one of their motorcycles, and then we headed home for an afternoon nap.

In the evening we headed downtown to meet some of Rebekah's friends at the tailgating party and then I experienced my first college football game. We were treated to a great game that Tennessee ended up winning in overtime after blowing a 21-0 lead at halftime. I have never seen so much orange in my life or heard Rocky Top sung so many times!

We headed home first thing on Sunday morning and I got back home around 4pm with time to unpack and get things around for the week. Such a fun weekend! Thanks for having us come Rebekah!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home