Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

sunny days chasing the clouds away

This is Melissa and me in the process of getting beautiful!

School at Bethany ended yesterday. Today everything felt empty and quiet at work. I had forgotten how lonesome the summers can feel at Bethany. We had our end of the year banquet this afternoon and officially shift into summer mode next Monday. Outside of summer camp weeks I will only need to be at Bethany during summer office hours, 8:30-12:00! Yeah for short days.

I have 11 people taking tennis lessons with me this summer. I picked 6 dates this summer and am just packing the afternoons full of lessons. I have decided I want to buy a new digital camera with my tennis money. I love scrapbooking, but have never gotten excited about taking pictures. I am trying to change that.

I started a new summer project last night. I bought a new summer dress pattern and fun fabric. I've gotten all the easy stuff done. I preshrunk the fabric, cut out the pattern, cut out the fabric and am now ready for the hard stuff. I am somewhat hesitant to start sewing because I have so much trouble reading the directions. I am more of a hands on learner. Maybe I can convince Mom to help me this first time!

Tonight is my first summer tennis league match. We are playing over in Michigan City and I am actually a little nervous. My new team is having me play singles all season and I feel high expectations from them. I hope I don't dissapoint. My team is gunning for a bid to nationals this year!

2 Comments:

  • At 5/31/2007 6:17 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    I'll be cheering for you from Knoxville! Any chance I can get your summer office hours?!

     
  • At 6/01/2007 4:08 PM , Blogger TAMmommy said...

    Thank you for sharing your life and your faith up front on your blog.

    I found your blog while looking for blogs that promoted faith and family for BlogTipping day.
    BlogTipping Day is the first of the month when you give a shourt out to another blog on your blog, the reasons are mean, but i try to find blogs that I like, content i admire and the such.

    After reading your blog, I feel a littel convicted that I haven't put my faith more up front on my blog, at least not on this family blog. My other blog is very up front about my faith. I may have to do that now that I have seen yours.

    Thank you for sharing and I hope you continue in your blogging and your faith.

    God Bless
    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home