Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Another milestone reached

I am feeling pretty good this morning. I have officially completed all of my schoolwork. My student teaching is complete, my final portfolio has been turned in, and I am heading to the airport in 20 minutes for a 2 week trip to Brazil! It doesn't get much better than this except oh wait... I have a job waiting for me when I get back!

I have spent the past month searching webpages for jobs at any school in the area. I have been amazed at how few jobs are available. I guess I should have known with unemployment being so high in Elkhart County. Two principals have told me that they are being flooded with applications (100+) for every job they have open. People are desperate for jobs. I guess I just got lucky with an open teaching assistant position at Prairie View Elementary in Goshen. Knowing the principal definitely helped! I am excited to begin working in this setting when I get back. It will be a new experience for me to work with younger students and particularly students with special needs. 

The best part is that because of the hours and location I will be able to continue coaching tennis at Bethany and finish out the year serving as a class sponsor. I feel very blessed. I expend so much energy worrying and somehow things always seem to work out! I need to do a better job of having faith.

Well that's all for now. Brazil here I come! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home