Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break

For the past week Sarah and I were at Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, thanks to my parents for letting us trade in their timeshare and thanks to Joel and Daniel for watching the shop on short notice!

We left on Tuesday morning and arrived back home today.  The drive was around 8 hours and was comfortable thanks to Sarah's parents selling us their beautiful car at a price we could afford! Two things jumped out at us right as we arrived.  

First of all, the luxurious amenities in the room which we are lacking at home.  

Secondly, the amazing view from our front porch (and I am NOT talking about the lake...).

Wednesday was great!  The weather was perfect and we began the day with some sleeping in (Seth) and going to the club's workout room (Sarah).  Then I ran Sarah around the tennis courts for a while and taught her how to add some topspin to her forehand.  

Of course, we had to sample some of the local gourmet cuisine.





The next day there was an unfortunate turn of events when I woke up with a very strong headcold.  Somehow I went for almost two years with no major illness and I get knocked on my rear by a cold/flu during my only week off work in those two years!




Thankfully it was mainly just sinus issues accompanied by a fever, but it did put a damper on our plans for the next few days.  I mainly stayed inside and slept while Sarah went out and bought all of the Crocs in the nearby outlet mall.

We also became very good at the game Sequence during my 'indoor' time. 


Finally, Friday night I decided to brave the outside world and we went out for dinner and a movie.  Sarah and I are a big fan of the animated films, and the only one that was playing was Monsters vs. Aliens.  The movie was just alright.  The animation was cool, but that's about it.  By far, the best part of the movie was the clip below:




We are stoked about this one!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4/13/2009 5:05 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    Great blog entry! I enjoyed the pictures and commentary. I hope you feel better soon, Seth! Chris and I would love for you to come visit!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home