Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Off and running...

It has been several weeks since we've written, and its been an eventful couple of weeks. Rebekah and Chris got married. It was a fun weekend and a beautiful wedding. It was so wonderful to have our family in town. Grandpa and Aunt Debra came all the way from Brazil. Aunt Marg and Aunt Lisa were up a few days before the wedding as well. Colin and Mackenzie stayed at our house and we enjoyed having them around for the weekend. It is so wonderful to have family around!

Rebekah and Chris enjoyed a week at Seabrooke Island, South Carolina while the rest of us went back to the real world. I am finishing up my 4th week of student teaching and my 1st week of real teaching. I picked up two sections of government class this week and will add World History next week. I was fairly nervous the first day, but since then have been much more confident. The whole teaching thing feels very natural to me. I've enjoyed the creation process of making lessons and the actual class time with the students. It is a lot of work though! The next two weeks will be managable, but I think adding US History and a third prep will make things much more difficult in 2 weeks. My plan is to use the upcoming long weekend to get a lot of planning done.

In other news, Seth and I both have birthdays this weekend. The big 27. Wow that feels old. We are planning to spend time with my family Friday evening and his family Saturday. Rebekah is trying to talk us into a day trip to St. Joe on Monday too. We'll see how the weekend pans out though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home