Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sad Sophie

I can feel summer winding down with August quickly approaching. Big changes are just around the corner and I am feeling a mixture of excitement and apprehension. After four years I will be leaving my admissions office and moving into student teaching with Brent, a social studies teacher, at Bethany. The past few weeks I have begun to clean out my office and make space for the new admissions director. I am surprised at the amount of things I have accumulated over the past 4 years. I have one more week in the office and then starting August 11 I begin my student teaching responsibilities. This will keep me busy until mid November. From there I will be searching for second semester teaching positions or some other paying job to finish out the school year. I am hopeful something will fall into place fairly early on because I don't do well with unknowns, plus we will need some income from me. The whole being adults with responsibilities thing is kind of a drag!

On another note I finished my last class earlier this week. Over the past 18 months I have completed 11 classes through Goshen College and Indiana University and passed 2 state licensing tests to get ready for student teaching this fall. It felt amazing to take that last final and cross the last class off my list of things "to do." It has been a busy year and a half, but we survived!

On a sadder note, we had a medical emergency with Sophie last weekend. She and Della (Seth's parents new dog) got into a little scuffle at the farm and Sophie needed to be taken to the vet for stitches just below her eye. Thankfully the cut did not injure her eye, but unfortunately the incident happened after hours on Saturday evening, so we had to drive over to Mishawaka to the Animal Emergency Care Center in order to have a vet look at her. We left for the vet's office at 9pm and didn't get home until after 1am on Sunday morning. All in all it was a long evening, but also quite an adventure. Sophie is not happy about having to wear a cone for 10 days though!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home