Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

three weeks in...


I am three weeks into my tennis season. Two weeks into my classes. And right now I am exhausted. Thank goodness it is Friday. I love having Fridays off. In some ways it makes being so busy during the rest of the week bearable.

It has been strange being in classes again. I have reading to do in the evenings, field experiences to do in between classes, and I am already starting to think about my bigger projects for the semester. I have found myself to be more cynical and conservative than the younger students in my classes. I don't feel like I have the wide eyed optimism that so many of them do. I guess being out of school for three years will do that to you.

Still it is good. It is exciting to be reading and spending time in classrooms. My field experience at Goshen Middle School is going to be really good for me. I forget what regular schools are like after spending so much time at Bethany.

Tennis season has been a challenge. We have a very young team and while we have talent, we have not won a match yet. I did get a midweek boast when we added another player from Ethiopia. She will definitely help us. I have to keep reminding myself that it is a rebuilding year. We'll get a win soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home