Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Summer Cold

Well...here I sit under very rare circumstances. I am sick and my coughing, headache, fever, and stuffy nose are keeping me awake. I was so tired that I feel asleep at about 9:30, slept very restlessly, and then woke up at about 1:30. Now, I can't fall back asleep. Nighttime cold medicine doesn't seem to help. So, I thought I would blog.

I called in sick to work today. The first time since I started at JDC. I felt guilty, but I am honestly sick as heck, so I guess that is a good reason to call in sick. So...I just sat alone at home all day and got pretty bored. Napped some, and drank a lot of water to try to get myself better. So far it does not seem to have worked. Sarah had a bad headache when she got home from tennis this evening. Hopfully this does not mean she is coming down with something...

I thought I would share a quote with you that I heard on the movie "Coach Carter." While talking to a youth during a home visit, Jessica, the PO that I do house checks with, mentioned something about the youth fearing to succeed. The more I thought about this, the more true I believe it to be for many people (although, not everyone). Many youth I work with at JDC as well as many "successful" Christian adults I have interacted with.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

Seth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home