Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

All Moved In

This is a picture of our new home! It has 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, cathedral ceilings on the main floor that make everything feel very spacious, a large downstairs room that is perfect for having friends over, and a basement that is just the right size for a ping pong table! We feel very blessed that we found such a perfect place to live.

Thanks to the help of our mom's, Josh, Joel, and Justin, Seth and I were able to completely move in to our new home in about a day and a half. We got a good start last Friday afternoon and evening and actually spent our first night in the new house that night. I was gone most of the day on Saturday for a tennis tournament, which by the way we won!, and when I came back Seth had almost everything else moved in.

I spent most of the day Sunday unpacking and organizing and it is starting to feel a little like home. Both of us kind of feel like we are in a hotel or on vacation, stumbling around hallways looking for light switches and carefully counting steps in the dark. We are adjusting to having our stuff more spread out and enjoying the extra space. It still hasn't completely hit us that this wonderful new house is ours! We actually own it! We've decided we are almost adults now!

This week at Bethany is Interterm. Since it is my first year Allan decided it would be best for me to be around the office instead of going with a group. A part of me wanted to do something, but it is also nice to have my afternoons and evenings free with no tennis practice or matches. My team at Bethany is off to a phenomenal start this season. We are currently 9-0 as we gear up for the last 3 weeks of season. Next week will be pretty intense with 4 matches, but after that we will basically be gearing up for sectionals which we have a great chance of winning this year! It is very exciting!

Next week is my last week of being full time at Bethany. The busy time of year is over for recruiting and it will be wonderful to be home more. I will switch from 40 hours/week to 30 hours/week until the end of the school year and then it will be even less once summer break is here.

Having no tennis this week has given me the opportunity to spend some time with Traci, who is home for the week! We spent a few hours last night at Target, one of our favorite stores. She was registering for her wedding and I was buying a few things for the house. We are getting together tonight with Andrea Chupp too! I also think I will be able to see Melissa this weekend. She might be swinging through Goshen on Friday evening. I haven't seen her since Christmas so it will be fun to catch up.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home