Seth and Sarah

Keeping family and friends informed.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A new addition to the family!

Yes, it is true. Shelby has become a part of the Yoder household until Death Do Us Part (or he is ready to be out on his own, which ever comes first)

Here is a picture of our dearest Shelby:



Now, this picture begs the question...what exactly is Shelby? Hm...we don't really know. Maybe a possum? Maybe a Rat? Maybe a large, flightless bat. Who knows!

Shelby became a part of this family this afternoon. I was out mowing the lawn, when I saw a small squirming figure on the ground. Thinking I would do the noble thing , I got a sharp tool and went out to end the young one's suffering. However, I did not have the heart. Thoughts of a frightened mother somewhere in the trees, and the slight chance that she may come back for her lost baby stayed my hand.

When Sarah returned from work a few hours later, I made the mistake (?) of taking Sarah out to check on the young animal. It was still there, and still alive. To make a long story short, we could not leave the poor baby to die. So, we brought it in.

Now the question is, what do we do with it if by some miracle it happens to live? Well...um...we will deal with that if it happens.

Seth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home